QuerySm ends up with TimeoutException

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Hey there, everyone.

Im using Jamaa.Client to send messages to an SMSC. With some modifications that can be found in other discussions I managed to fix issues with Cyrillic symbols, not working DeliveryReport event and long messages.

Yet, I can't understand why isn't SMSC reply to my QuerySm request. I've added a new method to SmppClient:
public ResponsePDU GetMessageState(string messageId, string sourceAddress)
{
    var pdu = new QuerySm();

pdu.MessageID = messageId;
    pdu.SourceAddress.Npi = NumberingPlanIndicator.ISDN;
    pdu.SourceAddress.Ton = TypeOfNumber.International;
    pdu.SourceAddress.Address = sourceAddress;

return vTrans.SendPdu(pdu);
}
Npi, Ton and sourceAddress are the same as when sending SubmitSm;
messageId is the one I got in response from SMSC after sending SubmitSm.
When I call vTrans.SendPdu(pdu) I get nothing but TimeoutException :(
I checked SMPP v3.4 protocol doc here and the bytes I got for QuerySm body seem legit to me.

Guess Im binding as a transciever (because Im using v3.4 interface and it leads to using single-connection session). Im not familiar with SMPP protocol, so Im kind of out of clues. Maybe there are some tricks to sending this kind of PDU (like, should it go coupled with some other PDU?)?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. When I try to do the same on SmppSim - it works just fine. Except for the fact that first message get's an Id of 0, which leads to a malformed query_sm packet afterwards, but I guess that's the SmppSim problem.
But the same code won't work with real gate (that is InfoBip to be clear).

P.P.S. Even WireShark identifies packet as query_sm and shows valid parameter values. still - no response from server. Maybe I should contact the gate support...
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:28 PM
doh... Turned out that this SMSC does not support query_sm. Totally my bad.
Marked as answer by Paralon on 8/11/2014 at 7:28 AM