SMPPSim

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Hello,

I will like to test the Library with SMPPSim but am stuck not knowing where to start.
Can you post a simple hello world type example that simply connects to SMPPSim so that we can learn to use the library --without a real SMSC connection?

Thanks in advance..
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I am afraid that, at this point without having an SMSC gateway to connect to, it is impossible to test the library.

However, there were a time that I was using an SMSC simulator software which was written in Java for testing and was working quite well. I can't remember the name of the simulator. It was written in Java, and was open sourced.

Another way is to sign up with any Bulk SMS service. Most Bulk SMS companies provide SMPP gateway option which you can use for testing. Just Google "Bulk SMS" and you will get dozens of them.

Personally, I have used infobip.com and RouteSMS without issues.

Hope that helps.

Ben
Mar 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Hey Ben .

Thanks for getting back to me --
I think the smsc simulator (most popular anyway) is SMPPSim from http://www.seleniumsoftware.com

I will have a go at it -- its just quiet overwhelming if your are new to SMS applications in general.

Is it possible to zip and forward the test project for me to learn from?

Thanks anyway --

BigUp!! - Jamaa SMPP is an Awesome job
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I am afraid at the moment I don't have anything I can send you that would be useful in anyway.

I can understand your situation, but I would suggest that you give it a go. Hope things will work well for you

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Hey Ben .

Thanks for getting back to me --
I think the smsc simulator (most popular anyway) is SMPPSim from http://www.seleniumsoftware.com

I will have a go at it -- its just quiet overwhelming if your are new to SMS applications in general.

Is it possible to zip and forward the test project for me to learn from?

Thanks anyway --

BigUp!! - Jamaa SMPP is an Awesome job
Mar 18, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Thats cool -- Thanks anyway
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 6:32 PM
You are welcome