Jan 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM

hi ben,

how to  check  the  status of    sms   postpaid or prepaid user

sorry my english is not good

fuad

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Fuad,

That is not a kind of thing you can use the library for.

You can use the library only for sending/receiving SMSs.

Ben

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM, alghuzi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi ben,

how to check the status of sms postpaid or prepaid user

sorry my english is not good

fuad

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (jamaasmpp@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email jamaasmpp@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM

hi Ben

ok but i think that in tlv 

when user send sms to us i want to know if user mobile  is postpait or prepaid

Regards

fuad

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM
It depends on your role. Are the sender or the gateway provider?

From what you are saying, it looks like you run a gateway software and you want to know if the client (sender) is prepaid or postpaid. Is that correct?

Ben

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM, alghuzi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi Ben

ok but i think that in tlv

when user send sms to us i want to know if user mobile is postpait or prepaid

Regards

fuad

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (jamaasmpp@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email jamaasmpp@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM

hi ben

yes of course that what i need

thanks ben

iam from yemen

best regard

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Do you already have the gateway software in place?

You can't use Jamaa SMPP as gateway server, hope you understand that. It can only be used as client for sending SMS.

There are couple of options you have to determine if the sender is prepaid of postpaid. However, the best approach I would advise you to follow is to develop a software database with a list of all clients that you have.

This database should have a key field that indicates the type of client, meaning if the client is prepaid or postpaid.

When a client sends a message to your gateway, to determine if he is prepaid or postpaid, you would then search for the id of the sender in the client database (the same id they use when they log in into your system, i.e. the SMPP id that they provide when binding to your gateway)

Just to answer your question in brief. You don't actually need to use TLV or implement any kind of detection in the library. That won't actually solve your problems. This should be done with a separate database.

Regards,

Ben

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM, alghuzi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi ben

yes of course that what i need

thanks ben

iam from yemen

best regard

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Edited Jan 16, 2013 at 6:05 AM

dear ben

yes I have a gateway connected to SMSC and  it recieved more than  200,000 of message daily  some service reqire to distinguish between postpaid and prepaid

we are service provider to MTN Yemen  and other Company  Yemen Mobile Company says that postpaid and prepaid is including in msg as service type

if we want to connect to SMSC  database which provider can be used 

sorry my english

Many thanks Ben

Best regards 

fuad

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM
fuad,

Send me your e-mail address and we can discuss about this through e-mails.

Ben
Jan 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM

al_ghuzi@yahoo.com