Suggestion to add submit multy operation

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

hi ,

i was just wondering if adding submit multy sms as specified in smpp specs document page 68 possible, i.e sending same msg text to several mobile destinations.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2012 at 5:18 AM

mmasoud,

How many SMSC implementations actually support submit multi PDU would be the first thing to consider before implementation. I a not sure if this is a common or not a common feature in SMSC implementations.

Do you have any idea?

ben 

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM

hi ben,

well currently the teleco companies i want to connect to STC,Zain,Mobily supports it and this is for what i know i believe others also supports it and according to my modest search on google most smpp server software is supporting it we can say  why doing it for its huge value and impact on performance since you can send in one call 254 sms imagine this value while others are thinking of multi threading and asynchrouse calls to beat the low throughput for sending sms's. 

i know ben from being in sms marketing field since 4 years now about 90% of sms credits are gone through  campaigns and bulk sending .

Regards

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2012 at 9:56 AM

That makes sense if that is the case. I do have a couple of requested features to add to the library. Most of them are just quick staff to do and wouldn't require much time. I need to roll out a new release before March next year. I hope you could assist with testing.

The telcom company I connect to doesn't support submit mult

ben

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM

yes sure i will be glad to test,  i will be waiting the next release :-)

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Will keep everyone posted

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:16 AM

ben

i wait new version to test. thanks ben

fuad alghuzi

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2012 at 5:33 AM

Thanks fuad, will keep you in the loop

Dec 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I have the ability to do this in my branch (and have done via Optus, Australia).

If you require any assistance in implementing the SUBMIT_MULTI_SM message, let me know & I'll update this thread in the New Year.

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Pheonix25,

Definitely yes! We are going to require suck kind of assistance. When I am ready to begin the testing, I will let you know.

Ben